[cvsnt] GUI shells fro CVSNT clients?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri May 16 13:04:59 BST 2008

Hi Bo,

> Lately I have noted next to no activity in the CVSGui area,
> specifically
> no new versions for a long time.
> Does anyone here know the state of the CVSGui project? Is it
> abandoned/frozen or what?

Probably a question to ask the CVSGUI newsgroup?

> I am missing support for certain CVSNT specific operations
> that one now
> must figure out how to do on the command line and it makes it hard to
> use them.
> For example changing the file handling (text-binary-reserved-...) and
> renaming files and similar new features of CVSNT are not
> exposed in the
> WinCvs GUI.
>
> So what is the deal here concerning the recommended GUI:s?
> Is there a WinCvs replacement available that handles these
> new features
> and is in active development?

CVSNT 2.5.03 client package includes a 'free edition' of our
'workspacemanager' which is certainly what March Hare are concentrating
our efforts on.  It uses the tortoiseact.exe for the client dialogs and
already supports things like setting acl's, change sets etc - but not
manually converting files to different workflows (which I consider more
something to set on the server).

Regards,

Arthur