[cvsnt] Upgrade from CVSNT 2.0.51d to CVSNT 2.5.03 2382 - InvalidRCS Flags

Sean Bertinotti lystakata at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:47:27 BST 2008

Sean Bertinotti wrote:

> I have done a trace when checking out the module and I've identified the
> file, it was not the file I thought it was. I have opened that file in
> the repository and it's all garbaged, no CVS header info. It was a
> compiled file that shouldn't have been in there. Question is how do I
> remove it, so that the checkout can carry on and I can clean up the
> repository, can I just delete it in the repository? If so then I can
> manually do this for each module until all non needed "corrupt" files
> get removed. Yes?

It appears that all the offending files I have found so far are *.dcu
(Delphi Compiled Units) I am deleting them from the repository as they
should not be in the CVS anyway. This is a binary file, so I am
concerned that I will come across different binary files with the same
problem. It will be a long night for me :P

I am now endeavoring to manually repair my modules using trace to
identify the offending file, and deleting it from the repository. Do
another checkout with trace and repeat steps :) Please let me know if
this is alright to do. I have reverted to CVSNT 2.5.03 as it was running
a lot faster than 2.4.03 on my machines.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Regards,
Sean B