[cvsnt] Upgrade from CVSNT 2.0.51d to CVSNT 2.5.03 2382 - InvalidRCS Flags

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu May 22 18:30:21 BST 2008

Sean Bertinotti wrote:
> It appears that all the offending files I have found so far are *.dcu
> (Delphi Compiled Units) I am deleting them from the repository as they
> should not be in the CVS anyway. This is a binary file, so I am
> concerned that I will come across different binary files with the same
> problem. It will be a long night for me :P

Are these files in your repository as *.dcu,v or just *.dcu?  If they
don't have the ,v at the end then they shouldn't be in your repository
at all -- someone put them in there accidentally I bet.

> I am now endeavoring to manually repair my modules using trace to
> identify the offending file, and deleting it from the repository. Do
> another checkout with trace and repeat steps :) Please let me know if
> this is alright to do. I have reverted to CVSNT 2.5.03 as it was running
> a lot faster than 2.4.03 on my machines.

Just make sure you have a good backup of everything, and it's fine to
delete the bad ones.  You can re-add good copies later if you find
anything that's corrupt that really should be there.

If you're messing with a production repository then much more care will
be needed.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/