[cvsnt] cvsnt on ubuntu linux (8.04) cannot connect to host connection refused

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Wed May 28 10:09:38 BST 2008

Hi Nick,

Am 28.05.2008, 09:44 Uhr, schrieb nick humphrey
<nick.c.humphrey at gmail.com>:

> i figured out what the problem was and have documented it here:
> http://norgesinternettforum.no/showthread.php?p=3062
>
> to make a long story short:
> sudo apt-get install telnetd
>
> and to restart inetd after making changes to /etc/inetd.conf you just
> run:
> sudo /etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd restart

Soundy very strange to me.
telnetd has nothing to do with the cvs server imho.

I guess your problem was caused by using cvspserver in the inetd.conf. You
should try it with the port number instead of the symbolic name:

2401      stream  tcp     nowait  root etc...

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer