[cvsnt] cvsnt Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34

Lyon Fabien fabien.lyon at isismpp.fr
Tue May 27 13:40:17 BST 2008

>Hi Bo,

>I understand the revisioning. But sometimes you have made changes and
>checked in. Now you want to revert the changes  you have made and work
>with older version.

>In that case how we need to proceed further?

You have two possibilities to do that after you have got your sand box up to date:
1/ you can delete all the file version you checked in before with the command
   cvs admin using option -o,  for instance cvs admin -o 1.4 remove the 1.4 revision from repository.
   But this solution its not very good at least you know exactly what you are doing (I suppose you ll get error
   if some tags are involve by the revision you want to delete).

2/ you can use merge to remove modification its more safe(on my point of view).
   If you want to recover the revision 1.2, after some modifications and checked in, from the revision 1.5
   you can use this command: cvs update -j 1.5 -j 1.2 toto.c
   take care in the revision orders you use on the command
   so in this case the file toto.c in your sand box will be in Localy Modified state, you check in
   and your file will get revision 1.6 matching revision 1.2.

regards Fabien Lyon