[cvsnt] Audit failure when using 3055 client against 2260 server - tracelog.zip (0/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 28 20:40:15 BST 2008

On Wed, 28 May 2008 22:42:56 +1000, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo,
>
>> Why is a client version change affecting the way the audit system is
>> handled on the server?????
>> Sounds crazy to me.
>
>I agree.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that
>some limit is poorly handled in that audit server - the most likely one
>would be the client id (which is quite long for an RC).  Can you allow
>clients to trace the server and look at the trace?

Arthur,
I have now experimented a bit by running commands on the command
prompt and in WinCvs and it turns out that when I run them from WinCvs
I get the strange audit errors while the same command from the command
prompt in the same sandbox succeeds.

I have set WinCvs to use the 3055 cvs.exe, which I have left hanging
around when I installed the 2382 cvsnt client.

When a command is run from WinCvs there is a -- added before the file
list so I did the same on the command prompt:
C:\Programs\CVSNT.3055\cvs log -- modules
and it produces the expected result.