[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3229 (RC9) Fail to init new repository whenaudit database enabled.

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Nov 4 09:31:30 GMT 2008

Hi Andy,

We cannot audit an init, and since the audit is failsafe then what you are seeing is actually the best behaviour.

I could modify the code to not crash but then it wouldn't be failsafe anymore.

If you really need to init a new repo, then first turn off audit (or just disable the audit sessionlog).

The 'real bug' is that the CVSNT control panel should check if audit is on and warn the user that it is not possible to create a new repository while audit is switched on.

Regards,

Arthur