[cvsnt] HELP needed: My CVSNT (cvsnt-2.5.03.2382) is not caching external RSH program (CYGWIN's SSH)

Muraleedhara Reddy msirigir at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 07:08:31 GMT 2008

Hi,
     I have been using WinCVS 2.0.2_4 with a older version of  CVSNT.
Recently my WinCVS is failing with below error for any CVS action I do. I
reinstalled WinCVS and latest CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 but no luck.

I narrowed my problem like this. My CYGWIN SSH is working fine as I am able
to login to my CVS host with out asking for a password. And if i use :ssh:
in my WinCVS it asks for a password, and works if enter my password. But the
problem is all when I try to use :ext: inturn when try to use my external
RSH program (CYGWIN's SSH), It is failing with below error. So there is some
problem for CVSNT (any version) on my system while invoking :ext: protocol.

Would you please help to solve this problem? It is really annoying to enter
my password everytime.

cvs update -P -- Promotion.wsdl (in directory C:\release\v75\SCPO\wsdl\)

cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs update -P -- Promotion.wsdl (in directory C:\release\v75\SCPO\wsdl\)

cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

*Saved settings for **C:\release\v75\SCPO** successfully...*

cvs log -- Module.cs (in directory C:\release\v75\SCPO\SKUModule\)

cvs [log aborted]: Connection to server failed

Thanking you in advance,

Yours Sincerely,

S. Muraleedhara Reddy.