[cvsnt] keywords admin file syntax?

Andy Southby asouthby at drumgrange.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 07:15:39 GMT 2008

Hi All,

When I add and commit files any ware within my 'ThirdParty' module I
wish the keywords to be ignored. However I can't seem to come up with
the correct syntax in the 'keywords' file. Everything I have tried has
no effect.

I believe the manual gives an example of exactly what I want i.e.
ALL
  Maintainer   Joe Bloggs
^Foo$
  Maintainer   Fred Bloggs

and goes on to say that current keywords followed by nothing will
disable them. I have tried a number of combinations to no avail so set
up the following test to see if the 'ThirdParty' module would at least
replace the author with the 'CommitID' (%C) hence I tried:

^ThirdParty$
   Author   %C
ALL
  Author    %a
  Date      %d
  Header    %r/%p/%f %v %d %a %s %l
  CVSHeader %p/%f %v %d %a %s %l
  Id        %f %v %d %a %s %l
  Locker    %l
  Log       %f
  Name      %N
  RCSfile   %f
  Revision  %v
  Source    %r/%p/%f
  State     %s
  CommitId  %C

However with this configuration the $Author$ still gets replace with the
author not the 'CommitID'.

Am I misunderstanding this file? Can anyone point out the error I am
making?

Configuration:

CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server and client.
Win 2003 Server SP2 2.
Win XP Pro SP3 3.

I have configured the cvswrappers and cvsignore files and enabled the
'Ignore client-side force -k options' on the servers 'Compatibility
Options' tab. (I have also tried this with this option disabled
[default] to check that this is not affecting it with the same results).

Repository architecture:
C:\CVSNTRepos\Main
C:\CVSNTRepos\Main\Project1
C:\CVSNTRepos\Main\ThirdParty