[cvsnt] List of files modified between two tags

Gaurav Chhabra messagegc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:16:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

We are using CVSNT 2.5.03 for version control.
I have a case where the whole code has been tagged two times, once on
completion of SIT1 and another on completion of SIT2. The tag names are
'project_SIT1_ddmmyyyy' & 'project_SIT2_ddmmyyyy' respectively.

Current Scenario:
SIT1 (Files tagged: file_a, file_b)                       SIT2 (Files
tagged: file_a, file_b, file_c)

'project_SIT1_ddmmyyyy'       'project_SIT1_ddmmyyyy'
            file_a (rev. 1.3)          file_a (rev. 1.3) (has both tags but
no changes were made)
            file_b (rev. 1.4)          file_b (rev. 1.9)
                                           file_c (rev. 1.1) (created after
the first tag)

My Query: Is there any command (using tags only) through which I can get a
summary of all the files that have been changed/created between the above
two tags? My output should list all the three files along
with the earlier (at the time of first tag) and latest version number.

I saw the 'rdiff' command for showing differences between releases. Is there
any similar command for viewing differences between tags?

BTW, we are using Windows OS.

Regards,
Gaurav