[cvsnt] Should I update?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 6 09:52:12 GMT 2008

Brian,

> Been using CVSNT for awhile (years) and I have these versions:
> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)
> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a (client/server)
>
> Should I update to a newer version? And if so, to what?

Those versions have known security issues:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/security.htm

Also newer versions have audit - which is very useful for generating
reports about server activity.

> Are there any
> gotchas to watch out for?

I suggest you try it out on a 'test' environment and if you have
specific problems ask the mailing list.  Be sure to tell the group what
operating systems are on server and client.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett