[cvsnt] March-Hare message into my commit messages

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 7 11:53:17 GMT 2008

Clóvis Garcia Marcondes wrote:
> Hi,
>

> After installed the new 2.5.04 CVSNT Server (Free) the text below is
> been inserted into my commit messages:
>
> Committed on the Free edition of March Hare Software CVSNT Server.
> Upgrade to CVS Suite for more features and support:
> http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/
>
> Is there anyway to disable that or I will have to go back to the 2.5.03?

You could just buy a copy.

The development, testing and support of cvsnt (and evs) takes up a lot
of time and money.  The software is then given away free, no strings
attached.

For this all you have to do is cope with an unobtrusive message on
commit.  There are even multiple ways to disable that if you dig around
the source a bit.

Arthur once calculated that if 1% of the people who download cvsnt each
year bought 1 copy, we'd be able to hire 3 programmers.  That would mean
a much better product, better support, and it would still be free for
the 99%.

It pains me to have to do something even so minor.. I'd love everything
to be free but unfortunately I haven't yet managed to perfect a way to
live without food or a roof over my head.