[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: March-Hare message into my commit messages

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 7 16:02:27 GMT 2008

Jan Keirse wrote:

> essentially replaced it. This has happened for other products. While
> there's no license change involved here it is a policy change, the request
> for financial support is in my opinion now not polite. I requested my
> company to get a license based on the polite mails on this list recently
> and they did.
> I personally wouldn't ask it again if the message was not in a friendly
> mail to the list but in an annoying message in my revision history.

Friendly messages on the list reach a very tiny proportion of the
users... I suspect most of them don't even know that this list exists.

The product isn't any less free... we still do most of our work on
public repositories that anyone can download and compile, and we still
accept patches from anywhere.  The difference is the builds that we make
and support will have one small change in them, which amounts to little
more than a gentle reminder.