[cvsnt] March-Hare message into my commit messages

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Nov 10 12:47:14 GMT 2008

Luigi D. Sandon wrote:

> But of course it won't work if you use a GUI on top of CVS that doesn't
> support it - unless one recompiles them too. And as I noted in a previous
> post, the lack of a good GUI (IMHO Tortoise isn't, saw too many users did
> the wrong thing due to the shell integration, nor Workspace Manager
> interface looks up to the task)  is one of the reasons I have issues to
> build a case to buy CVS.

Each version of GUI will use the cvsnt version it is written for,
generally.  By the time a Tortoise is released for 2.5.04 it'll be using
either switch depending on what Torsten wants to do with it.  Clients
which use their own code like eclipse don't even have the issue.

I've never seen a completely seamless GUI for any system.. SmartCVS is
pretty good if you haven't tried it.

Really, there are so many clients out there that it's not something that
really factors into it.. and there are as many different ways of
interacting with a repository as there are clients.  Everyone has their
favourites - the key to making it all work is at the server side.