[cvsnt] March-Hare message into my commit messages

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon Nov 10 11:07:25 GMT 2008

> commit.  There are even multiple ways to disable that if you dig around
> the source a bit.

Here's one (just run cvs - H commit)

        -m message      Log message (the log message will include an
advert).
        -M message      Log message.

But of course it won't work if you use a GUI on top of CVS that doesn't
support it - unless one recompiles them too. And as I noted in a previous
post, the lack of a good GUI (IMHO Tortoise isn't, saw too many users did
the wrong thing due to the shell integration, nor Workspace Manager
interface looks up to the task)  is one of the reasons I have issues to
build a case to buy CVS.

IMHO, the perceived value of the paid version should be much more of a bunch
of open source software available elsewhere bundled, and a support/manual
option many long time and skilled user can do without.

--
Luigi D. Sandon