[cvsnt] March-Hare message into my commit messages

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon Nov 10 17:10:41 GMT 2008

> Most peopple don't buy the GUI separately, they generally use what they
> have.. eg. Visual Studio or Eclipse.  We also ship Tortoise which is a

Those using VS or Eclipse - which are not the only development environments
on the planet... and I am afraid our IDE is going to target Subversion.

> very good GUI that beginners have no problems getting used to, and of

It's a GUI beginners usually fire in their feet with - because I saw many
who don't understand the difference between the file system and the
repository, and think that copying or deleting a file should be mirrored in
the repository too. I prefer to make them work in a separate environement so
they know it's now a Windows folder.

While most developers hate working inside Explorer - or install shell
extensions.

> You *do* only have to buy one tool.  CVS Suite contains everything you
> need.

Sorry, I don't believe so. It does not contain what I need, or I would have
bought it already.

> Nothing could be further from the truth.  It contains extra features -
> such as bug tracking and visual studio integration.

Bug tracking could be setup easily by any experienced CVS user. We did. We
don't use VS, thereby visual studio integration is useless for us - just
paying for something we don't use.

> The ebook is worth  the price alone IMO.

For beginners I agree, again, experienced user can do without.

--
Luigi D. Sandon