[cvsnt] Not able to checkout code from repository

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 12 19:13:34 GMT 2008

Gaurav,

> There is some authorization issue which I have mentioned
> below. I don't know
> why this is happening. :(
.
.
.
> [cvs] Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
>
> [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server XX.XX.XX.XX
> rejected access to /code/TC for user gchhabra

.
.
.

>        <cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:gchhabra@ XX.XX.XX.XX:/code/TC"
>
>                package="TC_Repository_Code"
>
>                command="checkout -r TC_SIT1-RB_06112008" />

The problem and solution are both described in the message: you need to
do 'cvs login', ie:
  cvs -d :pserver:gchhabra@ XX.XX.XX.XX:/code/TC login
  Password: *******

The most common time when this is seen is when you try and run a build
script using a different account.  In your own account you have logged
in but in the 'build account' you have not.

I've no idea what client or server CVSNT you are using or what client or
server operating system you are using so cannot help any further.
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

Regards,

Arthur Barrett