[cvsnt] Not able to checkout code from repository

Gaurav Chhabra messagegc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:52:57 GMT 2008

Hi Arthur,

After going through your suggestion, I changed my code from the following:
*

1. Earlier Code:
*---------------------------------
<cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:gchhabra at XX.XX.XX.XX:/code/TC"

package="TC_Repository_Code"
command="checkout -r TC_SIT1-RB_06112008" />
---------------------------------

to the following:

*2. Modified Code:*
*---------------------------------*
*<*cvspass cvsRoot=":pserver:gchhabra at XX.XX.XX.XX:/code/TC login"

password="************" />
<cvs package="TC_Repository_Code" command="checkout -r TC_SIT1-RB_06112008"
/>
---------------------------------

and it worked!!!

Thanks a lot Arthur!

But I'm still confused. When the build was successfully running around three
days back, I did not add these stuffs ('cvspass' and 'password') that I've
mentioned above in the '*modified code'*. It was running perfectly fine. Few
lines were added to the build file by another guy and it is quite possible
that during that time he would've inadvertently modified the file. But I ran
the build before the modifications (before the guy touched the file)
happened and the code for checkout was written by me but I'm not really sure
what I wrote as it was the first time that I was checking out the branch
(and not the main trunk) from a remote machine to perform the build. I was
more concerned about the 'branch checkout' syntax to be used in the xml
file. Moreover I've never used the '*cvs login'* command either as part of
the build file or on a command prompt while running the build but it still
worked!

Earlier, since the code build used to happen on the same machine on which
the repository is located so I never faced such problem before. Here too, I
nvere used *cvs login* while running the build.

Can you throw some light on this behaviour?

Apologies for not specifying the details regarding the client and server. We
are using CVSNT 2.5.03 on Windows XP. Developers use NetBeans for checkin
and checkout.

Thanks again for your help Arthur.

Regards,
Gaurav