[cvsnt] Using -r and -D together while applying a tag

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon Sep 15 13:35:00 BST 2008

> In practice it's rarely needed.. it's standard to tag releases so you

I had such a need when I was asked to tag a branch at a previous date
(because that version was realeased under pressure and it wasn't properly
tagged, later management found it needed a tag....). Called in to help, I
was unable to accomplish it. It was a process failure, I agree, anyway CVSNT
didn't help to fix it later.

A rationale to support such feature may exists, although right now it's not
supported.

--
Luigi D. Sandon