[cvsnt] EVS beta2 3.1.01 build 3187 (with EVS Manager)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 16 08:55:30 BST 2008

EVS Beta2 has just been released today.  If you are interested in more
information about it please go to:
http://evscm.org/

EVSCM was previously known as CVSNT 3.1.01.  CVSNT will continue to be
developed for years to come, however some more complex functions will only
be available in EVSCM (as Tony described yesterday in the thread "Using -r
and -D together while applying a tag").  I suspect 'client only' users of
CVSNT should switch to the EVS client, however that will depend on getting
tools like TortoiseCVS and WinCVS working with it.  CVSNT Server will remain
the 'best' server for many users for many years to come - EVSCM has a much
larger footprint and probably provides features/complexity that many users
just simply do not need.

The EVS client is now stable, and I expect the server to be declared stable
shortly.

We will only be releasing EVS Server and Client installers for Windows/SQL
Server, however Andreas is working on a Linux/Postgres port and we are
aiming to have a Solaris/Oracle port available next year.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett