[cvsnt] Distributed CVSNT setup

Gaurav Chhabra messagegc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:09:51 BST 2009

Hi,

We are using CVSNT 2.5.03 & developers access the repository using Net Beans
IDE 6.1. They have no access to CVS via command line. Everything (server as
well as client machines) is on Windows XP Pro (SP2).

We now have to setup an additional CVS server on a remote location that will
actually be a copy of the current CVS repository code. Once it is set up,
the developers at the remote location will access the CVS repository present
in their location for all their CVS operations. Developers here will use the
existing CVS repository for their CVS operations. We want to keep the two
(local & remote) CVS repositories in sync. I guess, it’s something like
distributed CVS system. Can anyone please guide me? Everything is present on
Windows system.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Chhabra