[cvsnt] import module failure

Tao Chang Tao.Chang at cpowert.com
Fri Apr 3 15:33:17 BST 2009

IMPORTANT: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Hi,

My company recently started to use CVSNT. The CVS server is on a station of Intel Xeon E5320 1.86G + 3.5G RAM  running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server SP2.

Use SSPI protocol
All users have full access right to the repository directory.
All users have CVS "admin" right.

There is no problem of login and checkout, suggesting the network setting is right.

When to import module on client, for example:

cvs -d :sspi:Tao.Chang at sbs2003:2401:/cvs_data import -m "Import part of VTES software to build up a tutorial module." tutorial CPT V01_000_000_TTRL

Got an error message:

cvs [import aborted]: writing to server socket (bytes=5120 data=OK): error -1

We traced the network activities, the connection seems successful. The issue seems to do with file/directory access privilege checking on the server. We have already granted all rights to the potential users on CVSNT repository directory and sub-directories.

The issue does not exist when the CVSNT server running on a Windows XP SP3 station with the same server settings.

Anything I missed?

You help are appreciated.

Regards,
Tao

Tao Chang
Control Systems Engineer
Controlled Power Technologies Ltd
Unit 4 ,Westmayne Industrial Park
Bramston Way, Laindon
Essex SS15 6TP
Email tao.chang at cpowert.com
Tel:    +44 (0)1268 564827

Controlled Power Technologies is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 6084854. Registered office: 47 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9JG
Please consider the environmental impact of needlessly printing this email. This message may contain information that is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message.