[cvsnt] Distributed CVSNT setup

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Apr 6 11:03:08 BST 2009

> Will there be any data loss in upgrading the
> current repository?

No.

> Also, what feature do we have in CVSNT 2.5.04
> that will allow the use of multiple repository?

Support for multi repositories (write through repositories).

> Is there any search option in cvsnt-archive as
> we have in 'nabble-gnu-cvs' forum? I couldn't find one.

Google, as explained in the FAQ:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

> Just in case, if we plan to use different platforms,
> say master on Windows & slave on Unix, then how will
> I sync the two repositories together? Will rsync on
> Linux & unison on Windows work?

This is the difficult bit and what we get paid to do ;)

Seriously though - we made a conscious decision to NOT make the
replication stuff 'plug and play' since it's only required for larger
organisations (like those large enough to use Citrix) and they can
afford to support the project financially by purchasing support (or
spend considerably more by spending hours and hours doing it themselves
by trial and error).  Tony, Glen and I (and others) who've written all
this don't pay for our rent and electricity by goodwill this is our only
'job'.

Regards,

Arthur