[cvsnt] Error reading from server xx.xx.xx.xxx: 0: No such file or directory

Gaurav Chhabra messagegc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:02:17 BST 2009

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem, which this guy has stated.

We have CVSNT server running on RHEL ES 4. We also have WinCVS 2.0.2.4 on
WinXP SP3.

When I am trying to connect to the CVSNT server, it gives the following
error:
cvs -z9 -d :pserver:gchhabra at xx.xx.xx.xxx:/usr/local/cvsrep/ login
Logging in to :pserver:gchhabra at xx.xx.xx.xxx:2401:/usr/local/cvsrep/
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server xx.xx.xx.xxx: 0: No such file
or directory

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I searched the CVSNT forum for the same, but to no avail. In some posts, it
was written that it might be due to firewall. I checked the same on my
server and client.

On Windows: netstat -ab
TCP    dcspxxxx:2401 dcspxxxx:0  LISTENING  128
  [cvsservice.exe]

TCP    dcspxxxx:2402 dcspxxxx:0  LISTENING 2000
  [cvslock.exe]

On RHEL4: netstat -anp | grep 2401
tcp   0    0 0.0.0.0:2401   0.0.0.0:*    LISTEN    2412/xinetd