[cvsnt] update failing

Mike Kay mikekay at channelk.ca
Wed Aug 5 15:34:20 BST 2009

Thank you for your post. It is appreciated, but telling me to read the
manual is not really helpful. I have. I don't totally understand CVSNT and
all its functions, but am commissioned with keeping it up and running.  I
have a rack of servers to maintain, desktop support, and other work
related duties, not just CVSNT to take care of. This is the reality of my
position as the only IT person in this company.

I have found the documentation difficult to understand, not updated to the
latest versions, and just not very clear for a non-programmer. This is not
a complaint, just an observation. The software is awesome and beautiful, I
completely appreciate the nature of open source software and my hat goes
off to the many coders who donate time to this and many other projects.
Alas, I am not a coder - I am a network guy. My learning curve on this is
large, my time limited.

What I would REALLY like to do is spend more time becoming familiar with
CVSNT - redo our repository properly - and hopefully in the next few weeks
I will be able to do exactly this.

But in the mean time I have an error. It is causing a delay in getting the
code updated so I can test it - another duty I have. A previous poster
gave me excellent hints about where to start looking, and this too is
appreciated.

I will look at and read as much as I can of the links provided - thank
you. In the mean time, if there are any more hints as to what may be
causing a problem that started with no changes to our setup - this too
would be appreciated.

Thank you.