[cvsnt] cvsnt running slow on new (virtual) machine

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Jan 12 21:39:46 GMT 2009

Joelle,

> We are moving our test server (which also hosts our cvs
> repository) from
> an old physical box to a virtual box. The cvs server on the virtual
> server is running unacceptably slow. I need help figuring out why.

Read this thread all the way through to the end.  It contains
instructions how to diagnose the problem and also the most common reason
for the cause (DNS problems with verifying the signature on the EXE and
DLLs):
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-October/031355.html

At least one other person was not able to correctly configure their DNS
to get this to operate and we are working on a further update for people
thus affected.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett