[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Betr.: RE: force commit (despite not being a valid editor

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Thu Jan 22 08:00:02 GMT 2009

 cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org schreef op 21/01/2009 12:20:48:

> Note also the -u option on the unedit command.
> This allows you to unlock files that another used has locked, if they
> are unable to do so.
> I've used this a number of times when people have left the company but
> hadn't unlocked everything before they went.
> It is only available to admins.

I'm aware of this option (and have used it before too) but I wouldn't want
to use it in this case. I want to still be aware that users are editing
the files even though they may end up with a conflict in their sandbox
because I pushed a revision into the repository before they had the chance
to commit their changes.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."