[cvsnt] CVS Login Password with @ in it

Michael Eldridge Michael.Eldridge at medmont.com.au
Wed Jun 3 00:59:31 BST 2009

Hi all,

I have been trying to write some script files to assist with some of the common tasks we do in CVS and I have it a snag. I have been using the following command to setup the connection string:

set CVSROOT=:pserver:domain\username:password at server_name:portNo/repository

This works fine for most users but I now have someone that is using the @ symbol in their password. EG

set CVSROOT=:pserver:domain\username:p at ssword@server_name:portNo/repository

This obviously causes a problem with the string passing. Unfortunately the password structure used by this company means that a lot of users will probably have this symbol in their password. Is there and escape character I can use to get around this problem?

Thanks.