[cvsnt] CVS Login Password with @ in it

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 3 06:05:59 BST 2009

Michael,

Putting the password in the connection string is a rather risky practice (security wise).

Is it possible to use sspi instead (which will automatically pick up the authentication token - including password - of the logged in user) if the server is windows or ssh with a key if the server is non-windows?

The only alternative is to use:
set CVSROOT=:pserver:domain\username at server_name:portNo/repository
cvs login -p pas at word

Regards,

Arthur