[cvsnt] Updating from regular tag marks some dirs with stickybranch tag instead of regular tag

Macarascu Alexandru Cristian-AMACARA1 cristian.macarascu at freescale.com
Thu May 28 18:49:19 BST 2009

Hi!

I cannot recall the exact command, as I've used WinCVS GUI.
I've created a very short example that reproduced my problem (a module
with two subdirs, each with a single text file):
cvs -w -d :sspi:fsrcvs:/CVS/swmaint/team_repos import -I ! -I CVS -m
test -n -- sticky_tag_example
cvs -w -d :sspi:fsrcvs:/CVS/swmaint/team_repos checkout -P --
sticky_tag_example
cvs -w tag -- bld_1
cvs -w update -P -d -r bld_1

Looking into Tag files from each CVS/ directory in my sandbox, I can see
that both subdirs have the 'N' type, but the root directory has the 'T'
type.
If I try to add a file in a subdir (cvs -w add -- foo.c) I get 'cvs
server: cannot add file on non-branch tag bld_1'
But if I add a file in the root folder of the module (same cvs -w add --
foo.c) it says:
	cvs server: scheduling file `foo.c' for addition on branch
`bld_1'
	cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
and when I commit, I have version 1.1.2.1 of my newly added foo.c file
on a branch called 'bld_1'.

Best regards,
Cristian.

The information contained in this email has been classified as:

( ) Freescale General Business Information
(X) Freescale Internal Use Only
( ) Freescale Confidential Proprietary
( ) Personal Memorandum