[cvsnt] How to correct pbg file on server?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Nov 17 01:19:06 GMT 2009

Devi,

> Question:  How do I correct the .pbg, v file on the server?
> Can I just edit the file on the server, and manually add
> the missing entries to the @@begin Objects section?

The ,v files on the server are the repository history database.   You
should not ever even look at them let alone even think about possibly
modifying them.  They are just like an Oracle database - you use the
client tools supplied to administer the server and nothing else.  If you
open your oracle database files in notepad and start messing around you
can expect no help, lots of problems and possibly a curse on all your
children.  Ditto for CVSNT.

For everything else there is the FAQ:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

If at all possible send your e-mails to the mailing list as plain text
(there will be an option in your email client, eg: in outlook it's under
the 'format' pulldown menu) since your message was delayed due to its
size in HTML.

Regards,

Arthur