[cvsnt] CVSNT+WINCVS

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Oct 25 23:57:39 GMT 2009

Rodrigo,

> I understand that in the server machine, I should install
> "CVSNT Server" (which is different from "CVSNT", right?), and
> in the clients, I should install "CVSNT" and "WinCVS" (the
> "WinCVS" installer which is not "bare" include CVSNT). Is
> this correct?

Yes.

Or you can install the "CVSNT Combined Client Installer" and it will
install WinCVS (difficult to use, but powerful), TortoiseCVS (easy to
use explorer plugin) and a 'no cost' copy of CVS Suite Studio
(traditional version control type program like VSS or PVCS).  All the
downloads server/combined client etc are here:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/en.asp#downcvsnt

> I tried this, and used the CVSNT Server to
> create a repository in the server, but I cant get the clients
> machines to import any project into the repository...
>
> What am I doing wrong?

No idea - you'd need to tell us the exact versions and error message and
all the other information listed in the FAQ:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

Regards,

Arthur Barrett