[cvsnt] write to fileattr.xml error when commit a file

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 18 03:36:47 BST 2009

Hi Wendy,

> How is things going on?

Thank you for all the test sets - we have reproduced at least one of the
problems, and are looking for ways to resolve it.

There are several combinations:
1. CVSNT Chinese Client to CVSNT Chinese Server:  Suite OK,    2.5.05
FAIL
2. CVSNT Chinese Client to CVSNT Unicode Server:  Suite FAIL,  2.5.05
FAIL
3. CVSNT Unicode Client to CVSNT Unicode Server:  Suite OK,    2.5.05
Untested

We are looking at ways to fix (2) at the moment, it will take a few more
days at least.

We do not anticipate providing a fix for (1) in the community editions -
from 2.5.04 we assumed that the community edition is ran as Unicode
server in multi-charcter set environments.

Method (3) probably works with the community 2.5.05 client and server,
however I think that WinCVS and TortoiseCVS do not run CVSNT client in
Unicode mode and have no option to enable this - so you could use it
from the command like (cmd /u) using 'cvs --utf8' however that is all.

I can confirm that method (1) works OK today with CVS Suite 2008.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett