[cvsnt] Major regression in CVSNT 2.5.05.3649

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 5 17:46:12 GMT 2010

Hi Torsten,

Can you send me privately your actual examples - un-obfuscated?  particularly showing with -d failing and without -d working?

I think this is a server error - so will not affect TortoiseCVS's use of the client.

All examples using the a build I just made today 2.5.05.3695.

*** EXAMPLE OF ERROR ***

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co -r CVSNT_2_0_x -d moga -P cvsnt/cvsapi
Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

*** EXAMPLE OF NO ERROR ***

cvs -d :pserver:abarrett at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/loc
al/cvs co -r CVSNT_2_0_x -d moga -P cvsnt/cvsapi
cvsnt server: Updating moga
U moga/COPYING
U moga/Codepage.cpp
U moga/Codepage.h
U moga/DirectoryAccess.h
U moga/DnsApi.h
U moga/FileAccess.h
U moga/FileEntry.h
.
.
.

*** EXAMPLE OF NO ERROR ***

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at tortoisecvs.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tortoisecvs co -r tortoisecvs-1-10-x -d mog -P TortoiseCVS/src/TortoiseShell
cvs checkout: Updating mog
U mog/.cvsignore
U mog/ColumnProvider.cpp
U mog/ContextMenu.cpp
U mog/IconOverlay.cpp
U mog/Makefile
U mog/PropSheet.cpp
U mog/PropSheet.h
U mog/PropSheetRes.h
U mog/QueryInfo.cpp
U mog/ShellExt.cpp
U mog/ShellExt.def
U mog/ShellExt.h
U mog/StdAfx.cpp
U mog/StdAfx.h
U mog/TortoiseShell.bpr
U mog/TortoiseShell.cpp
U mog/TortoiseShell.rc
U mog/TortoiseShell.vc71.vcproj
U mog/TortoiseShell.vc80.vcproj
U mog/TortoiseShellRes.h
.
.
.

What I cannot find is a combination where with -d fails and without -d works... I thought I had one earlier, but now cannot reproduced it...

*** ALSO EXAMPLE OF ERROR ***

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co -r CVSNT_2_0_x -P cvsnt/cvsapi
Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

I am trying to determine which server version broke this...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett