[cvsnt] Default trigger library

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Thu Feb 11 10:10:17 GMT 2010

Arthur,

> > I'm sure this has been asked lots of times before but I couldn't find
> > anything in the archive with Google.  I have built and installed CVSNT
> > 2.5.04 build 3510 on my Debian 5.0.2 server
>
> There should be a dpkg on the debian server - it's been maintained over
> the years, however about a year ago (maybe two?) we did put some effort
> into ensuring that all the debian specific changes had been backported
> into the tree.  It may have gotten out of sync again - look through the
> cvsnt-dev archives for the discussion.
> http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt-dev/

If I run 2.5.03 build 2382 which is the version Debian ship with 5.0.2 then
I get the error message about the default trigger library not being
available but it then goes ahead and does whatever I have instructed CVS to
do - create module, add files, etc.

If I update to 2.5.04 build 3510 or later then when the error is generated
the client tool gives up.

I'll go and have a read through the cvsnt-dev mailing list archive and see
if I can see what is going on, although I'm not sure about Debian as a
server OS and so may upgrade it to something different.

Regards,

Andy.