[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows how to install ViewCVS??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 26 13:34:32 GMT 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:41:04 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>Why do you need both cvsweb and viewcvs?
Because I am comparing the ways the diffs are invoked for these two
web based repository browsers so that my CVSMailer can be configured
to supply a diff link in both environments. (I think it was you who
started me off on that track using HTML emails etc...)

>>The readme says:
>>"Information and source code for Aspfool can be found in the aspfool/
>>folder included in this distribution and there is a precompiled
>>version of aspfool.dll in the binaries/ folder."
>>Needless to say there are no such folders or files in neither the
>>viewcvs nor the Python22 distributions...
>
>Actually there is...
>viewcvs-1.0.dev-win-r2.zip/windows/binaries/aspfool.dll
I don't know why the XP search engine comes up empty-handed on me so
often. Clicked the C:\ drive and searched for aspfool and found
nothing. Now actually you are correct, the dll is there....

But it did not work out anyway, could not use the viewcvs.asp file,
when I do I get a totally blank page returned...

>>There seems to be no way the diff command can give anything but a
>>blank page with no changed lines...
>>I *know* the files are changed but the diff does not show up.
>
>Do you have all the RCS files installed and are they on you path?

Well, I have those RCS files that are needed by cvsweb, and I just
checked to see that they are on the path too. Maybe I need some
updates on these?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)