[Cvsnt] STOP!

lecadre lecadre at gmx.de
Sat Jun 1 12:14:15 BST 2002

I found where the problem was... and got it running.
I have done the installation as user xxx with admnistrative rights but
not as administrator. The installation routine adds the path of cvsnt to
the user variables but the service is lookinf for it in the system
variables and therefore fails to find them. Thats all.
Sincerely Eryk.

Hi!
On my computer Windows 2000 i running. I for sure have admnistrative
rights on the box.
I downloaded today the cvsnt windows install(.exe). 1.11.1.3 (Build57d)
I proceeded exactly like described on
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html.

The installation fails on point 8 of the installation instruction.
8.
the Stop button will be highlighted. Now CVSNT runs. You might have
trouble here (I did not check this) with the path variable change
needing a reboot to register. (Check this by opening a command window
and type path (enter). Look for c:\programs\cvsnt in the list that
appears. If it is there you don't have to reboot...)

After a few attempts i started the service explorer (control
panel->Administrativ tools->Services) and tried to start the the cvs for
nt service in the explorer view.
  What i get is a warning window with the message "Could not start the
CVS for NT service on Local Computer
The service did not return an error.....
"

Pleace Help!
Sincerely Eryk

--