[Cvsnt] Problems connecting CVS server from client

Christian Gütter friesenpower at addcom.de
Fri May 24 18:43:52 BST 2002

Hi,

I have installed CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 57c) on my
computer "zaphod" (Windows 2000 SP2) and I am trying
to access it from a client using WinCVS 1.3b8 (OS: WinXP).

I am using ntserver protocol.
On the server, the repository I wish to access is
"c:\data\repositories\repository1".

I told WinCVS to use the ntserver protocol and the following
CVSROOT: "zaphod:c:\daten\repositories\repository1".
(I also tried "zaphod:c:\daten\repositories\repository1\cvsroot".)

I don't have a NT domain, but in my workgroup, I have ensured that
all user accounts exist on both computers and I even generated a
passwd file on the server.

My problem is that every time I try to import or checkout a module
I get the following error:
"cvs [import/checkout aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on
remote machine: Error 1326"

I don't know what this error means - I looked for it in google and
in the FAQs but i didn't find anything.

I wonder if somebody could give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Christian