[cvsnt] Re: cvs checkout -d broken in 2.0.0?

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 10 08:19:00 BST 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> On 09 Apr 2003 17:14:20 +0200, Oliver Koltermann <okoltermann at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >Hello NG,
> >
> >when issuing the command
> >
> >cvs checkout -d "here" ampersandmodule
> >
> >on cvsnt 2.0.0 client and server the output is completly displaced. It
> >looks something like the following:
>
> Mixing -d with an ampersand module sounds pretty unique.  To support it it
> looks like I'll have to do quite a lot of rewriting (no idea why it's
> documented as working as there's clearly no support for it in the code..).

Hello Tony,

I forgot to mention that this worked for me with all older versions of
cvsnt. I can't say which version was the latest, but I have no problem
with CVSNT 1.11.1.3 b72. So I'm sorry that I have to disagree on
this. We used this functionality all the time - there must have been
some recent changes which broke it.

> For now it looks like I'll just disable it and fix it in the dev release,
> unless I have some kind of brainwave in the next few hours.

I would be happier if it works just like before... After all the
release candidates and a completely new version number for the stable
release I told all developers to update...

I think there should be no differentiation between ampersand modules
and plain repository directorys. The user shouldn't even have to know
about the structure of the repository. We use ampersand modules all
the time - so why not checking it out with another name? For now I
have to rename my first checkout, get another one and rename that too
:-S

Greetings,
  OK.