[cvsnt] extssh, Ant hangs on checkout

Matt meyermc at uwec.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:13:29 BST 2003

While doing checkouts with cvsnt's extssh protocol Ant hangs halfway
through a checkout. Looking in the task manager cvs.exe is still active
and upon terminating it the Ant script resumes execution, but usually
short a few files from cvs. I have not been able to reliably reproduce the
problem, but it affects a number of our Ant scripts. The problem only
occurs about every other time the script is executed.

I'm not sure if it's an Ant problem or a cvsnt problem. But the checkouts
work fine with the plain ext protocol using plink for ssh. The problem is
that in order to let the Ant scripts run properly each user planning to
run the script needs to setup key authentication with the server and that
get to be a pain to explain to other developers, esp. when extssh works so
much more easily when it works. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt