[cvsnt] building cvsnt2.0.12a on Solaris8 with sserver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Dec 1 21:15:48 GMT 2003

Robert Suh wrote:

> If I truss the cvs command, I get the following system errors:
>
> "open("9554{exec_prefix}/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol.la", O_RDONLY) Err#2
> ENOENT
> open("9554{exec_prefix}/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol.so", O_RDONLY) Err#2
> ENOENT"
>
> It appears that the executable is hard-coding the lib path (ie: I set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that doesn't effect anything.)
>
> So, my question is this.
>
> How/where do I set the path to the sserver_protocol.[la|so] files?

It's generated automatically by configure - you can change it with the
--with-protocol-dir option.  I'm surprised it doesn't work on solaris
though... autoconf is pretty standard and it's not really doing anything
out of the ordinary to generate the path..  There's a new version of
AC_DEFINE_DIR out so I'll stick that in and see if it makes a difference.