[cvsnt] How to prevent CVSNT from merging binary files?

Hartmut Honisch hartmut_honisch at web.de
Thu Dec 18 17:15:23 GMT 2003

I have a file in my repository that I've declared as "binary" (-kb). When
that file changes in the repository, CVSNT merges the changes into the
working copy of my local file, just as if it was a normal text file. I've
always thought that -kb tells CVSNT _not_ to merge a file - but apparently
it does it anyway.

Is this the desired behaviour, and if so, how do I prevent CVSNT from
merging repository changes into my modified working copy?

I use 2.0.14 on Win2K SP4

-Hartmut