[cvsnt] Re: How to update CVSNT remotely???

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 17:12:54 GMT 2003

> My experience is that using RegEdit or RegEdt32 to a remote computer
> via a slow connection invariably drives me nuts. It is soooooo sloooow
> and suddenly the connection drops also. :-(
> Probably works fine in a 100 Mbps LAN environment.

You can disable the "automatic refreshes" and it stops the
mega-bandwidth-sucking refreshing, actually makes the registry editing
usable (still slow).

> The SysInternal tools are really a *must have* for admins. I use a few
> of them myself.

I mostly use the ResourceKit tools myself--there's one for remote service
status/start/stop but it's horribly slow (at the command line!).  I use it
only rarely, but I'll have to check out the SysInternals tools hoping they
are better.

Regards,

Glen Starrett