[cvsnt] Re: reoccurring 'invalid change text' errors

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jan 8 09:44:23 GMT 2003

Andrew Waldman wrote:

> I saw that there were some messages about this a month ago, but it did not
> seem to be a resolution.  Let me know if there is any other information
> that would aid in figuring out why this happens.

There are two causes known:

'File Protection' on Norton Antivirus returning incorrect data on some of
the temp files.  This is an NAV bug and I recommend not running NAV on the
cvs server (or at least not running the file protection feature).

Wierd options on the cvs temp directory can cause this (having
read/write/create but not list rights) - fixed in the latest release.