[cvsnt] cvs update failes to update files

Sunil Koneru sunil.koneru at click2learn.com
Wed Jul 23 16:54:47 BST 2003

Hi,

We do a daily update of the files from cvs server and do a build of the
product.
It so happens that sometimes couple of files are not getting updated.
We realize this when we are testing the built product.
This is becoming a big issue because we are not able to figure why the
update works sometimes and why it has issues updating files sometimes.
Here are some commands which we use to update files daily.

cvs update -R -d -C aspen_AppletInstall
cvs update -R -d -C aspen_cd\aspencd20
cvs update -R -d -C aspen_db
cvs update -R -d -C aspen_setup
cvs update -R -d -C aspen_web
cvs update -l build
cvs update -R -d -C build\scripts
cvs update -R -d -C build\public
cvs update -R -d -C build\built_files\Scripts
cvs update -R -d -C cds

The version of CVS we use is : CVSNT 1.11.1.3(Build 73)

Any help on this is appreciated.

thanks
Sunil