[cvsnt] Hanging cvs.exe on cvs server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jun 4 17:48:53 BST 2003

In conclusion, I suppose the answer is "you need to reproduce the bug".
I'll try to work in that direction.
<<<<
Well, like I said, reproing it in this case might be overkill.  You have a
problem that appears with sufficient reliability as is--so trying the new
server and having no problems for 2 weeks might be enough for you to declare
it "fixed".  It's a judgment call, up to you--You could upgrade first, then
try to repro if it still happens.  However, upgrading with a repro script
would give you piece of mind faster than upgrading without (hours to test
instead of weeks to wait, and the test could be done off-line).

Regards,

Glen Starrett