[cvsnt] cvs diff -s --report-identical-files

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Mon Sep 29 18:45:07 BST 2003

Hi,

We want to do a cvs diff on a folder and know exactly which
files matched the repository and which files didn't.
When we do the diff, we only get information about which files
_didn't_ match.  This creates a problem for us because if all
the files did match, the Python script that called cvs doesn't
know whether all the files matched, the program didn't run at all,
an error occurred accessing the server, etc.  The documentation
says that the switches "-s" (or "--report-identical-files") should
show which files matched the repository, but these switches don't
seem to work for us. Should they?

We are running:
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.5 (client/server)

Thanks,