[cvsnt] Yet another obscure merge problem

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Wed Feb 25 09:46:16 GMT 2004

> From: Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh at nodomain.org]
>
> > I now want to merge Branch1 into Branch2. There have been
> no changes in
> > either branch (in this file). What would you expect the
> result to be?
> >
> Exactly what happens... absolutely nothing, since branch1
> hasn't changed
> since branch2 was created.

Ok, at least we now agree what is supposed to happen! Sorry, maybe I wasn't
explaining it very well earlier. Now we just need to find out why it's not
working for me. Apologies for the large WinCVS log below, but I don't seem
to be able to explain it very well, so hopefully this will make it clear...

cvs log file1.c (in directory C:\mergetest\)

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

Rcs file : '/cvs_nt/mergetest/file1.c,v'
Working file : 'file1.c'
Head revision : 1.1
Branch revision :
Locks : strict