[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 26 17:06:16 GMT 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:32:12 +0100, Oliver Giesen <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>using Import. There wouldn't be any point in it if this didn't work,
>would there? For me it has always worked exactly as described in the
>Cederqvist.

The code for tagging blindly wipes any existing tags and branches and
puts its own there.  It also can't handle deletes, certainly not
renames, and really is useless for any serious tracking of sources.
Really it should be stripped down into 'create new repository' as it's
just confusing as it is.

It's far better to do a recursive remove followed by a recursive add
to update sources.. if you want a vendor tag just tag it after the
add.