[cvsnt] Re: How do I add a single file?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 23:29:13 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
>>What happens when you do a "cvs up"
>>just before the commit?
>>

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CaseAssessment>cvs -d
> :pserver:sieg
> fried at 192.168.0.8/CONVEX update .
> cvs server: Updating .
> cvs server: cannot open directory C:/CONVEX/aseAssessment: No such file or
> directory cvs server: skipping directory

That looks very odd.  How about starting fresh, since you had a
different cvs client that perhaps got used to do the original checkout.

I'm guessing it *might* be a line ending problem in your cvs control
files.  The cygwin client is saving those control files with CR only,
and on Win32 CVSNT is expecting CRLF, so that could account for the
funny offset.

Try your co / mod / ci operations fresh from a clean directory and let
us know what happens.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett